Learn English and enjoy adventure activities in the Garden Route, South Africa.
The Garden Route Language Centre invites you to come and learn English in the heart of the adventure capital of South Africa, the Garden Route.
Our English school and student residence is situated in Plettenberg Bay, 3km from the main street and 2km from the beach. Looking onto a golf course and surrounded by nature, we have a pool, entertainment area, large wooden deck, TV and video lounge and bar area. We offer our students a unique experience of incorporating comprehensive English tuition and convenient accommodation. Our English school offers general English and intensive English courses designed to improve accuracy, focusing on grammar skills, reading & writing and language skills in afternoon conversation classes. We offer all levels, from beginner to advanced as well as exam preparation courses.
Our aim is to provide our students with a combination of English and adventure. The Garden Route Language Centre combines comprehensive English tuition and interactive group participation in outdoor and adventure activities, providing students the opportunity to continually develop their English language skills and learn English both in and out the classroom in the form of a "Language Safari".
Reasons for choosing us:
Please enjoy the video.
- The Garden Route is the 2nd most popular tourist destination in South Africa with most language students visiting the area at some time.
- Being situated in a coastal town, all amenities, such as shops, restaurants and beaches are all within walking distance.
- Beautiful peaceful surroundings.
- Safer than a city.
- Cape Town being situated on the Atlantic Ocean does not allow for swimming as the temperature is on average 8 degrees (too cold). The Indian Ocean is suitable for swimming and surfing all year round.
- Group participation ensures a constant English influence as students in language schools often tend to socialize with like nationalities.
- Qualified and dedicated teachers.
- Comfortable accommodation.
- Combination of language and adventure activities.
- Our Town: Originally christened "Bahia Formosa" (beautiful Bay) by early Portuguese explorers, Plett is considered the jewel of the Garden Route. It is a seasonal town, with whale season from August to November, and summer holiday makers from December to April.
- With beautiful beaches, trendy restaurants, clubs and pubs, jet skis, surfers and kite surfers, helicopters and gliders, fishing and sailing boats, year round sunny weather, amazing views, whales and dolphins, Plett is considered the playground of the rich amongst South African holiday makers, while locals call Plett their home for its peace and beauty.